Thread: Helix shot

Leeg Canvas

Helix shot

So like 1/5 week ago i had my helix done with a gun. I heard a lot off times that it was bad and everything but the woman who shot it (professional at a professional shop) told me that if its done in the right hand and i clean it and stuff nothing will happen. Im a week father now and i still dont feel anything and I clean it 2 times in a day. But on the internet they are saying a lot off thing that are scaring me. Things you can get when you get it shot. So here’s my question. Like i said i dont feel it, only of i toucht it ruff. Is there still a change something bad will happen? Or did i ‘pass the danger zone?’ Please don’t scare me to much 😳
    Last edited by Hellow; 21-04-2018 at 21:59. Reason: Getting a little scared

Re: Helix shot

Well, getting a piercing with a piercing gun isn't a good idea, period. When using a piercing gun a blunt earring get pushed through the tissue by force. If you get pierced with a needle the hole is 'sliced' with a very sharp object, which means a lot less tissue damage. So, if you want to get pierced in the future, take a needle. And stay away from 'professional piercers' who use piercing guns. It is allowed to pierce people with them in the Netherlands and in a lot of other countries, but it's just not the best way, and a good piercer probably wouldn't do it, especially not when it comes to cartilage piercings.

That being said, you don't have to worry about your ear falling off or something. Yes, the risk of complications is higher, but it doesn't mean you will get this complications. And if you do get them, the complications aren't always serious. Just pay attention to what's happening.

Most important at this point are two things. First, make sure you have suitable jewellery. If you have a regular earring in it right now (you know, the kind with the 'butterfly' to close it behind the ear) it's probably a good idea to change it to a better piece of jewellery made of the right materials and of the right size. I recommend going to a piercer to change it, and not changing it yourself.
    Secondly, stop cleaning it. You're just irritating it. In most cases it is best to leave a new piercing the hell alone. Just rinse it while in the shower and that's all. And, very important, do not turn the earring, if you do you keep opening the wound. If you really want to clean it, you can do so with boiled water with sea salt (1/4 tsp to 250 ml water).

Also, keep in mind that cartilage piercings are notoriously difficult. The healing time is about 9 months (yes months, not weeks). During the healing time it is best not to touch it and/or change the jewellery (unless it is necessary, for instance when the current earring is not suitable). For the most part, just be smart about it. It is of course a good option to remove the earring, let the piercing heal for a while and get a new one pierced with a needle. But well, the hole is already there, might as well try and make the best of it. Most important: If at some point you feel like something is wrong, like, infected or something else weird, go see a doctor. Other than that.. If it feels OK, it probably is pretty OK and there is no need to be scared. (But never get a piercing by gun again )

(Sorry if I made weird typo's or if my sentences aren't flowing nicely, I'm very tired and I'm also not used to writing in English)
    Last edited by Dandelion; 21-04-2018 at 22:46.
    Ik ben Dandelion wel
    And I'm not a weed!

Leeg Canvas

Re: Helix shot

Oh oke, thank u so much !!