Thread: Problems with bioplast jewelry?

Problems with bioplast jewelry?

Hiya folks!
    I'm wondering if anyone has ever experienced any problems with using bioplast jewelry? Bought 8mm (length) biolplast for my snakebites, which I've had for five years with absolutely no problems after the healing period, and after wearing them for one day my left one was really sore and it feels like some sort of dent or cut right by the "hole"... I switched back to my 9mm surgical steel this morning so it's not as sore anymore. It was only the left one who had this reaction. The right one seems completely fine, so I don't think the bar was too short?

Re: Problems with bioplast jewelry?

I have the same problem. I had a bioplast labret in my lip piercing and it was sore all the time (and not too short, 10 mm in length) and improved immediately when I switched back to surgical steel.
    Never trust anything that can think for itself, if you can't see where it keeps its brain.

And here I thought bioplast was supposed to be sooooo good and allergy friendly and stuff? At least that's how they've been marketed on the pages I've been shopping from..

I bought it because it was so comfortable and better for my teeth, but yes apparently you can be allergic (or over-sensitive) to it
    Never trust anything that can think for itself, if you can't see where it keeps its brain.

I think it is because it is less smooth than steel/titanium. I personally didn't have any problems with bioplast in my lip piercing, I'm actually a big fan.. But I guess it's very personal.

Another thing, is de disc of the bioplast thingy different in shape or size or thickness from the previous one? I always had a little soreness for a couple of days after a switch, regardless of the material. The tissue inside of the lip is very soft, so for me it was like the tissue had to get used to the new shape/size/thickness or something? Usually took only a couple of days, but it could get quite sore. Doesn't explain why only one of your lip piercings hurt though...

I can't see any differences between them and my stainless steel ones.. But it did feel a lot like the disc would kinda "dig into" the soft tissue a lot more than my regular ones. I like to switch jewelry every now and then (I do prefer rings because they feel better though) and I've never had any problems with soreness or otherwise until the bioplast ones. And it really sucks because even though the material does feel "rough", it was a lot more comfortable for my teeth and I could finally faceplant into my pillow without steel discs pushing into my gums